Wisconsin Singers Technical Staff
Click pictures above for more information
Apply for 2018-2019- OUR 51ST SEASON- Cover letter and resume due May 15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Theater Tech Staff
Work with the nationally renowned Wisconsin Singers as a part of our tech team. Stage Manager, Lighting Designer and Sound Engineer work closely to ensure that each Wisconsin Singers show is a seamless performance.
- Surround yourself with others who share your love for the stage but are also focused on academic success. No matter what your career path, Singers will enhance your collegiate experience beyond your wildest expectations!
- Scholarship dollars and UW class credit for all participants.
- Download our Singers Overview here.
- Work with a state of the art 48 channel digital sound board and monitoring system and multiple wireless microphones
- Gain experience in some of the nicest theaters across the Midwest
- Experience with live amplified sound required, preferably in a musical theater environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced Broadway-caliber environment
- Patient temperament and calm demeanor to problem solve on the fly
- Grow your skills in backstage theater management of performance, lighting, and sound.
- Facilitate the pre-production and touring of the Wisconsin Singers including routine maintenance of equipment and props
- Stage management experience preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability to new environments
- Enjoys working with a full production team and likes to create/build/fix things!
- Design a lighting plot for a "rock concert / Broadway style revue"
- Adapt the lighting design to a variety of different venues
- On site focus, setup of moving lights/par cans and programming of light board with assistance of local tech staff
- Prior experience with hang and focus of theatrical lighting
- Light board programming
- Strong work ethic and ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment.
Sneak Peek at our year together
May: Interviews for following season. Call 608.263.9499 or 608.609.1303
Mid July: weekend of rehearsal, costume fittings, bonding
Last two weeks in August: production camp where you work with professionals in the field to mount the new show
Fall Semester: Sunday rehearsals through early November. On Campus shows at the Overture Center.
Spring Semester: Perform in different communities throughout the Midwest (Spring Break tour is on us!)
Training and travel expenses are covered by the Singers